What words are acceptable?
- If you are playing on the APP the “built in” dictionary will be the decider. As a general rule words that require a Capital letter (i.e. proper nouns) will not be accepted. In the APP version you can chose how many times you can try/guess a word or spelling before you lose your turn.
In the Board Game you can elect amongst yourselves the rules regarding acceptable words, and can decide upon the use of a particular dictionary. We recommend that you stick with the general that words that require a Capital letter (i.e. proper nouns) will not be accepted.
- Does it matter if when I Scrump a letter, the remaining letters do not leave an recognisable word? Can letters remain on the board in any disjointed order?
- Yes. It does not matter if the remaining letters do not leave an recognisable word, and any letters can remain in a disjointed order, but only on the central 15 x 15 board.
- Do I have to join my letters to an existing word?
- No, but you must join to at least one existing letter which may have been isolated due to an earlier Scrump!
- If I add on or more letters to an existing word in my Home Scrump zone, will I score only the letters I have added.
- No. When adding letters to an existing word, ALL letters in the new word(s) score eg, TAX scores the value of the 3 letters. TAXI scores 4 letters, and TAXIS scores 5 letters.